Les Miserables - Queen's Theatre

The world's longest running musical.
The West End, Broadway, and dozens of other countries.
A Hollywood feature film packed full of stars.


Yes - of course we're talking about Les Miserables here.

I was invited to see the show by that lovely little cat you may have seen running around London,
who is also known as Rebecca at Official Theatre.

And you all should know by now, I don't turn down a night at the theatre.
It's just not in my blood.
This was also Les Mis - a show you really can't not go to.
Is that even possible? To say no when someone asks you to see Les Mis?
Really asking - let me know.

For those few of you who haven't gotten into see some version of this show
- and let me ask you real quick, WHY HAVEN'T YOU? -
The story follows Jean Valjean, an ex-convict who's broke his parole.
We follow him through his quest for good,
and along the way we meet plenty of different characters
and about 24,601 sub-plots.
(ha ... ha ha ha...)

But I promise, they are all great.

 

This was actually the first time I had seen Les Miserables outside of sitting in the stalls,
and sitting quite close at that.
I am absolutely mesmerized by the entire production of the show, though,
and have always had an urge to see it from higher up to get a view of the staging in it's entirety.

We sat in Row H of the Dress Circle, and my view was incredible!
(Check out my review & pics from the seat at the greatest website for theatre-going, SeatPlan.com)
No heads I had to peek over, no obstructions to look around - it was clear views all around.

Having this new view, I was able to see things I hadn't noticed before,
from the top of the barricades to the lighting from above,
I loved the new angles.
I was even able to see the stage crew a little more since I got a top-down view,
and I know most people wouldn't want to see that, but as a veteran when it comes to Les Mis,
I'm usually looking around at the entirety of the show rather than the actual scene on the stage.

All in all, it was a fantastic evening of new friends and old music,
all of which I love!

I couldn't recommend this show enough to anyone who hasn't seen it.
I do love the film version of this show, and have heard great things about the new production on Broadway,
but nothing beats seeing it in London at the Queen's.

 
Les Miserables plays at the Queen's Theatre
Performances are Monday - Saturday 19:30, with matinees Wednesday & Saturday 14:30
The running time is approximately 2 hours 50 minutes with one intermission

Instagram

Where The Heart Is - An American in the UK. Theme by STS.