A Masters Degree from the Expats Point of View


I was going to write this post up and explain the differences between the UK and US education system,
but Taylor has already done that,
and why would I try and outdo her incredibly awesome and detailed post?
Especially when I wouldn't be able to...


So
Let's just talk about how I chose my study path instead,
and hope that helps some of you..

You all know that I moved to London with the intentions of staying permanently,
and that is exactly what was in my mind while going into this grad school process.

I wanted to make sure I was getting a degree that was to benefit me for the long-term,
both career-wise but also securing a work visa.
Because ummmm, how do you expect me to move forward with a career if I CAN'T GET ONE??


My official masters title is MA Management.
I chose this degree from an expat point of view -
it's a very general course with a wide range of skills offered.
My classes involve Human Resources, Economics, Managing Operations, even Psychology.

By doing these, I'm able to gain a wide range and foundation of the skills necessary for different career paths.
I didn't want to go into something too specific, because my future here is still very open,
along with the fact that I am still young and learning what I like and don't like.
I don't want to rule any industry out because I simply don't know a lot about it.


So by having this degree, I'll be able to interview in many different industries,
and in the case that I do return to the USA,
(I need to make this quick, my anxiety is already rising thinking about this...)
I'll have a Masters Degree from an international university where I was able to gain a global business perspective, as well as learn how to work with different people from all walks of life.


All in all, this will benefit me wherever life takes me.
And let's just hope that it takes me exactly where I already am..




ALSO!
I'm being featured over at Route Bliss today!
Christina has asked me to participate in her Bliss Seekers series,
so you'll find me over there answering a few questions about all things travel.
Check it out HERE!

Instagram

Where The Heart Is - An American in the UK. Theme by STS.