Expats Takeover: Why Moving To London Is A Good Idea

Hello readers! I am right in the mix of that a move to London - you know, the whole 'expat blogger' thing? Well, I've decided to finally give truth to the title, and am on my way over. While I am currently figuring out life across the world, I've got a few of my favorite bloggers stepping in for me to keep this page up and running - enjoy! - Caity


**** 

 Oh hey, friends! My name is Sammy and Caity has been kind enough to let me take over her blog while she is busy moving over and settling into London town. I blog over at To The Days Like This about my crazy travel adventures and my experiences as living as an expat in London.


London itself is a crazy adventure.
One minute you will be gazing at Big Ben wondering how the hell you got so lucky and the next you may be walking in a crowd of people, feeling incredibly lonely. 
It is a city of ups and downs, a city of endless opportunities and a city that you will never want to leave.





The Tube
This may not be on the top of everyone’s list when it comes to moving to London and to be honest, most of the time if I’m not talking about Katy Perry, I am talking about how much I hate the tube. 
The thing is, people who live in London just love to moan about it, but we couldn’t live without it. 
It is an ingenious, intricate underground network that connects the whole of London together. Gone are the days when you had to watch how much you drank because you had to drive home, the tube does it for you!


The mind-boggling history
London was and still is, one of the most influential cities in the world. It has survived plague, the Great Fire, bombings and terrorist attacks, yet has still come out on top. 
The City is full of museums that paint its history beautifully, buildings that take you back in time and landmarks that are recognised all over the world. 
My favourite, The Tower of London, was built around 1078 and within its walls has seen so many pieces of important and gruesome parts of history unfold, including the beheading of Anne Boleyn and the torture of Guy Fawkes.


You can eat anywhere in the world without leaving the city
London boasts some of the world’s best restaurants, amazing food markets and to die for street food.
You want the best curry of your life? Come to London.
A tender steak? London. Mexican? London.
Seafood? London.
If you are a food lover, London is the city for you. One thing is for sure, you will never run out of places to try.


The opportunity to travel
If you love to travel, London is the perfect place to base yourself. With airlines like Ryanair and EasyJet flying out of the budget airports many times a day, traveling around Europe is at your fingertips. 
I have scored flights to countries like Denmark for under £30!
Coming from Australia, it is still such a novelty to me that I could be in another country in an hour. The lifestyle you are can live here is unbelievable. 
Fancy a weekend away in Rome? Why the hell not.


The interesting people
London has a bad reputation for grooming miserable people and I would be lying if I tried to deny that, BUT there are some damn interesting people in this city.
The other night I was on the tube home and a man sat opposite me and proceeded to sketch my portrait all the way home. 
There is a man that stands outside my tube stop every morning selling the Big Issue and he always has a smile on this face (a big feat when angry commuters are walking past you).
 I was sitting in the park once when a man approached me and offered up two cans of unopened beer they couldn’t finish. 
It may be a city known for miserable people, but look a little closer and you will find London is home to some of the best. 

Plus, I live here and I’m awesome.


There are of course many more reasons why moving to London is a good idea, but if I didn't stop there, we would be here all day.



Find Sammy here --> Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Bloglovin'



Instagram

Where The Heart Is - An American in the UK. Theme by STS.